- Can you tell me about the compressed or composite bamboo boards?
- How much of your product is comprised of glue?
- What glue do you use to make the Bamboo’Ali floor?
- Is the Bamboo’Ali floor going to require ongoing maintaenance?
- Are there difference grades of bamboo flooring like other timber flooring materials?
- How hard-wearing is bamboo flooring?
- Can my bamboo floor be sanded and how many times can it be re-sanded?
- How long can we use bamboo floor?
- Do Bamboo’Ali floor expanding and curving?
- How is Bamboo’Ali floor moisture resistant?
1. Can you tell me about the compressed or composite bamboo boards?
There are 2 styles of bamboo flooring: laminated bamboo flooring or strand-woven bamboo flooring.
Laminated bamboo flooring explicit nan natural beauty of the bamboo, the floor surface finishing will further highlighted by the distribution of the random eye and unique bamboo. With hardness from 1200-1600 according to Janka hardness scale, horizontal presses suitable bamboo flooring installed in areas with moderate intensity walking as households, hotel rooms, gym, aerobics. In some cases, can be installed in offices, product showroom.
Strand woven bamboo flooring is made by compressing bamboo fibres under extreme heat and pressure. This gives strand woven bamboo flooring its great strength and durability. The strand woven bamboo manufacturing process produces flooring that is twice as hard than traditional solid wood flooring, which is already one of the hardest wood flooring products available. It is made with a non-toxic, water-resistant resin.
2. How much of your product is comprised of glue?
When holding the product, you make notice that it is quite heavy in comparison to timber, so it could be assumed there is a lot of glue in the board. In fact, it has just under 2% glue content in total. The increase in density is actually from the compressing process which uses a 2,000 tonne press to compact the raw bamboo fibres. That is what makes it so hard-wearing as a floor.
3. What glue do you use to make the Bamboo’Ali floor?
For both the Bamboo and the Bamwood boards we use a proven European glue formulation that is manufactured to meet the very strict European Emission standards.
4. Is the Bamboo’Ali floor going to require ongoing maintainace?
No special maintenance is required; you simply treat your floor like solid timber. A number of people choose to recoat their floor with one coat of polish every 5-7 years and on average you would expect to completely resurface your floor every 10-15 years. This is all dependent on how you treat your floor and the amount/type of foot traffic it receives.
5. Are there difference grades of bamboo flooring like other timber flooring materials?
Yes. As with timber flooring there are different grades of bamboo flooring material. Bamboo flooring is an engineered product that requires specialist machinery and skills. It takes an average of 6 hours of labour per square metre to manufacture.
Bamboo’Ali is a pioneer in developing bamboo flooring in Vietnam, we have gained a lot of valuable experience in processing and product quality management. Bamboo’Ali is the crystallization of selected technology and professional skills. We are committed to Bamboo’Ali flooring always has First-class quality in Vietnam market.
6. How hard-wearing is bamboo flooring?
Bamboo flooring comes in several different densities; therefore it is important that you choose a bamboo floor that suits your lifestyle.
7. Can my bamboo floor be sanded and how many times can it be re-sanded?
Yes, all bamboo floors can be professionally sanded several times. As the Bamboo floors vary in density, so too does the amount of times that you would be able to sand them. The denser the floor the more sandings you will be able to get out of them. Our experience indicates that you should expect to get over 4 sandings with the BambooAli styles of bamboo flooring. All BambooAli floors will give you years of enjoyment.
8. How long can we use bamboo floor?
Bamboo’Ali flooring has the same lifetime as natural wood flooring. If used properly, Bamboo’Ali flooring has a life of over 30 years.
9. Do Bamboo’Ali floor expanding and curving?
Bamboo floor is well processed at the production stage, ensuring the materials are steamed and dried to suit the Vietnamese climate. Therefore, if installed properly, bamboo flooring will be less likely to shrink and warp like natural wood flooring.
10. How is Bamboo’Ali floor moisture resistant?
Bamboo floors are similar to natural wood floors that are highly moisture resistant, able to withstand the risk of spillage on the floor in moderate and infrequent amounts. Bamboo flooring can be installed in the kitchen area of the apartment.