- How do you install Bamboo’Ali floor?
- Do you organise the installation? What is the lead time from ordering the product to installation?
- How long will it take to install my bamboo floor?
- Can I install bamboo flooring over existing tiles?
- Can I install bamboo flooring over timber?
- Can I install the floor myself?5
1. How do you install Bamboo’Ali flooring?
Bamboo flooring can be installed by various methods depending on site conditions and the bamboo floor you choose. There are 2 methods of installation: floating & naildown.
2. Do you organise the installation? What is the lead time from ordering the product to installation?
Bamboo’Ali has a professional installation team with over 10 years’ experience. The preparation time for installation depends on the quantity and the project, please contact Bamboo’Ali for direct advice.
3. How long will it take to install my bamboo floor?
For residential and floating method, we can finish 50m2 within 1 continuous working day, including tasks such as transferring materials, installing floors, installing baseboards.
For large-scale projects and construction sites, Bamboo’Ali can complete 1,000m2 within 1 week with pre-order conditions so that goods are ready before installation.
4. Can I install bamboo flooring over existing tiles?
It is not uncommon to install our floors over tiles. There are a few potential issues that you need to be aware of: If the tiles come loose from the sub floor you are not covered by our installation warranty. Tile floors are rarely perfectly flat so when your bamboo floor is installed it will have some hollow sounding areas.In most cases we recommend that the floor be wiped over with metholated spirits and given a light sanding to ensure it is leveling. Laying 12-15mm thick boards over existing tiles can create height discrepancies to adjoining floor coverings and you may need to adjust the clearance height of doors.
5. Can I install bamboo flooring over timber?
Existing timber floors are no different to other types of sub floor and as long as they are level, free from polish and oils then they are more than suitable for installing onto. Installing bamboo flooring over the top of them just means existing timber floors may simply need a coarse floor sanding to level them and remove existing finishes.
6. Can I install the floor myself?
This is a difficult question for us to answer without knowing your skill level. In saying this we have had many customers choose to install their own floors and the majority of them have had great results. If you choose to install yourself we give you a self installation guide that gives some useful hints and we also give you phone support. We’ll also invite you to see one of our floors being installed, to help give you further insight into the process. A few customers that have run into difficulty have asked our installers to lend a hand. So if you have the confidence this is a great way to save money and can give you a sense of satisfaction.