- Will my bamboo floor be varied in color like solid timber?
- How does the darker flooring differ from the lighter coloured flooring?
- Will my bamboo floor change colour over time like timber flooring does?
1. Will my bamboo floor be varied in color like solid timber?
BambooAli floors are all hand selected for colour tones and packed to give a comparatively even coloured floor. However, a small variation is maintained to achieve a natural look. We can achieve varying degrees of bamboo flooring colour variation based on your preferences. Please understand this is a natural product, so colour matching is not a perfect science.
2. How does the darker flooring differ from the lighter coloured flooring?
The carbonize colour is the natural unprocessed colour of premium bamboo. The brighter and cleaner the honey tone the better quality the manufacture process. Our darker product is created using a steam-heating process that caramelises the sugar and starch compounds in the bamboo. It is not stained and therefore will maintain this same colour range even when it is re-sanded in the future just like solid timber flooring.
3. Will my bamboo floor change colour overtime like timber flooring does?
Yes, like all timber floors, bamboo can change colour over time. The caramelised tones of bamboo will become subtly lighter, while the natural tones can become a darker golden colour. This natural process is caused from continued exposure to natural light. The stronger the light source, the more rapid the colour change. It is our experience that this colour change occurs primarily in the first few months, after this the boards remain quite colour stable.