BambooAli guarantees the construction and the glueing of the X-trem’Ali outdoor boards for a period of 5 years from the date of installation in accordance with the following provisions:
The X-trem’Ali outdoor board is a natural forest product, which varies in color, grain and appearance. Color changes over time depending on the maintenance schedule. Color change can not be a reason to make a claim.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, accidents, insect infestation, force majeure and damage caused by other, in normal residential unusual, circumstances.
- Also not covered are purely visual impairments such as imprints, joints, discoloration by light, seasonal climate-related deformation or wear of the surface coating. Damage resulting from improper installation, maintenance, cleaning or maintaenace of the surface coating, mechanical or chemical damage are also excluded from this warranty.
- This warranty statement supersedes all previous statements; the granting of the manufacurer’s warranty applies only to the current version.
- Cracks on the surface and on the end of the boards can arise from the different drying characteristics of the surface and cross cut ends. This phenomenon is normal for most wood species and can not be a reason to make a claim.
- The surface sides of the boards will get rougher and will splinter over time as a result of constant shrink and swell of the boards due to dry and wet climate periods. This phenomenon is normal for most woood species and can not be a reason to make a claim.
- Dimensional change or cupping of the boards can occur after installation. This phenomenon is normal for most wood species and can not be a reason to make a claim.
- The guarantee applies only to the original purchaser and can not be transferred.
II. Warranty Coditions
To be able to make use of the warranty the decking must be installed according to the installation instructions. Please read our installation instructions carefully, before installing the floor. No claims can be accepted in case of improper installation.
- This warranty applies in addition to the normal legal rights of the buyer, including the rights of the buyer against the seller.
- If a claim is granted before installing the material, faulty planks are replaced free of charge. No claims can be accepted after installing the material if the buyer could have detected the defects before installation. This warranty does not cover damage that was caused by Third paries (eg transport demange).
- If defects occur after installation, Bamboo’Ali reserves the right to either repair the defect or to offer material free of charge to the buyer. If the defective product is no longer in the product range, an equivalent from the current range will be supplied.
- A claim does not lead to an extension of the warranty period.
III. User Information
Appearance and color
X-trem’Ali is a natural product, which can vary in color, grain and appearance. Color will change over time depending on the maintenance schedule. The boards have a brown to dark brown color when installed, which turns into a lighter caramel color several weeks after installation. Without further maintenance the color gets greyish relatively fast (similar to most other wood species). If a brown color is preferred, maintenance should be done with exclusive exterior oil or a comparable water based oil.
X-trem’Ali shows similarity to other hardwoods in grain and structure. The characteristic bamboo nodes however can still be recognized and gives the product a special and lively look.
Cracks on the surface and on the end of the boards can arise from the different drying characteristics of the surface and cross cut ends. This does not affect the stability of the board. The surface sides of the boards will get rougher over time and will form (small) splinters as a result of continuous water absorption and desorption due to dry and wet climate periods. Dimensional change or cupping of the boards can occur after installation. These phenomena are normal for most hardwood species and X-trem’Ali.
If X-trem’Ali is to be used around swimming pool areas, the following has to be taken into account: X-trem’Ali is a natural (wood like) product and can therefore not be referred to as a “bare foot” product. As with any wooden product used outdoors, there is always a risk of formation of splinters, however splinters from X-trem’Ali are normally smaller than (tropical) hard wood splinters. A regular maintenance with oil (more frequently necessary around swimming pools) is required to reduce the formation of splinters. Furthermore, regular maintenance with the silicium carbid broom or – disk is required to effectively remove splinters and smoothen the surface.
Use of the flat side
When using the flat/smooth side of the board as surface side please note that surface deformation (under influence of climatical changes) will be significantly more visible on the flat side compared to the ribbed side. Deformation of the surface is not considered to be a defect of the material.
The surface of decking is weathered under influence of wind, rain, frost and sunshine (uv). As a result, the surface turns grey, dirty and cracks/splinters will appear. So it is very important to use the outdoor decking oil to brush it then let it recover.
- Soak X-trem’Ali with plenty of water. If possible use a garden hose.
- Mix extrerior cleaner with water in the ratio 1:2 and apply it. If the decking is extremely dirty, exterior cleaner may be used undiluted. Clean the decking with a silicium carbid brush or machine disk. Scrub the soaked material lengthwise following the bamboo grain until the material appears clean. If the decking has a flat surface, first scrub under an angle of 45 degrees before scrubbing in the length direction. When using a machine disk this is not necessary. Repeat the cleaning if necessary. Clean the surface carefully with water.
- Leave X-trem’Ali to dry for approx.. 25 hours. The material must be completely dry before oil treatment can be done.
IV. Settlement if the gurantee
The claim must be made by calling, writing within 03 days, by following ways:
- Calling directly to the sale man.
- Calling us to: Tel 024.39 11 22 88 | Hotline 0986066605
- Come to our offices to make claim.
Bamboo’Ali reserves the right to check the claimed damange and originals contract.